Windows 7 on HP 2710P

neokeelo

[H]ard|Gawd
The specs are

Core 2 Duo 1.33ghz Ultra low voltage CPU
3GB DDR2
5400 rpm 120GB
Intel 965 Express Chipset Graphics

How will this run Windows 7 Ultimate? im tired of XP.

It will run perfectly well, especially with all that RAM. Ditch XP ASAP.

Netbooks run it very well and they only have 1GB of RAM and single core CPU's.

Nice tablet! You HAVE to go Windows 7 on that puppy and it'll run just fine. I would recommend a faster hard drive not for Windows 7's sake but just for a performance boost period.

that's the model the school I work at chose for it's senior class laptops. Win7 works just fine on it, and runs quite well.

I have windows 7 on a 2730p, make sure you do the bios update or some of the panel buttons wont work.

cool, yea its a school laptop, I have to partition the XP part of it to keep it on there when I turn it back in or they will get angry. Once I partition it and get win7 on there i'll make an update. I can't wait.

cool, yea its a school laptop, I have to partition the XP part of it to keep it on there when I turn it back in or they will get angry. Once I partition it and get win7 on there i'll make an update. I can't wait.

I would just image the machine with XP on it and then just forget XP and wipe the whole system and go 7. When you turn it back in just put the XP backup back on it.

yea thats a good idea, just keep the image file on external hd or something. What program is best for this? Also for those that are running 7, do all your buttons work? Are you using the vista drivers?

I use Acronis True Image Home 2009, great program not exspensive. There are free alternatives out there but this tool works and the $30 its cost me has been well worth it.

Yes, install the Vista drivers for the buttons. I had to do the same thing for my tx2z and Toshiba R25. The Vista button drivers worked perfectly for both machines.

I downloaded Gparted and resized the 120GB partion down to 21 for XP Pro and installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on the other one. It runs great on the tablet! Better than I thought it would.

Everything is working great except for the tablet button that switches the screen to tablet mode when I move the screen that way or press it with the pen. Is there a driver i need to install for this function?

Also, are there any services or things I can uninstall on Win 7 Ultimate? I know there has to be alot of things I would never use\need.

Last edited:
Back