Windows 7 on Blackbook

ytry2bsafe

n00b
Hello,
Has anyone tried to run the windows 7 beta on a macbook yet ? I am currently downloading the beta and am just curious to see if anyone has had any success yet!

I went ahead and loaded it up on VMware just to test it out. So far it it is working out okay. I'm not noticing any real differences between VMing Vista and 7. I do like some of the new shortcuts like the auto maximize and minimize feature, and some of the new context menus.

I don't feel like there is enough customization options visually. Basically it still feels like Win98 with some updates.

Works fine on 2nd gen MBP. Haven't had the opportunity to really experiment with it though, just enough to file a few bugs and suggestions. I did the upgrade install on my Vista partition. It's at least as good as Vista performance wise.

I believe that you won't notice as many of the aero features if you are using it in a VM. Things like Aero Peek are some of the biggest changes that aren't supported by the graphic driver (at least in Windows VMWare Workstation.

Got it going late last night, things seem to be stable and in fact I have noticed a small performance increase over vista.

It took 3 hours to download, what kind of times did you guys/gals get?

I believe that you won't notice as many of the aero features if you are using it in a VM. Things like Aero Peek are some of the biggest changes that aren't supported by the graphic driver (at least in Windows VMWare Workstation.

That depends. If it's DX9, then I can see it.

Back