Windows 7 networking stuck on identifying network and no internet access

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
I have an interesting problem here where the networking on one of my computers is not working. It keeps getting stuck at identifying network and cannot go out to the internet, the local area network has perfect connectivity. Neither DHCP or setting everything static works. I have tried literally everything i could find online to fix this. I ran several virus scans, reset the winsock settings with the netsh int ip reset commands, deleted and changed some stuff in the registry from guides i followed to fix this, reinstalled different nic drivers, turned network discovery on and off. I am stumped.

This is something that got corrupted in Windows 7 since the UBCD for Windows works fine.

This client claims that he got a new modem from comcast and when they were changing things over this started to happen.

I had this problem once before and it was because of DNS/Proxy trouble from malware but i see no signs of this on this machine, everything looks normal.

There is tons of stuff on this on google but most of them are easily fixed because people set their network or settings up wrong. I followed all the possible fixes.

Does anyone know how to fix this?:confused:

I also have the DHCP client not starting with Error 1075. I have followed all fixes online and nothing works.

Hold on, i just ran combo fix and it said i was infected with the rootkit.zeroaccess virus. I will report back when combofix is done.

zeroaccess is a serious SOB, you are going to have to reinstall your OS on that. I've dealt with it, but that was a few months ago with an obviously older Combofix. Good luck though. The zeroaccess gave me identical problems to what you're having.

Also this machine was not letting my install Windows 7 SP1 so i am not sure if this whole machine is messed up or not.

I can't start task manager, something about the registry being marked for deletion.

Avira rescue CD has detected this virus, hopefully it removes it. It goes by the name "Sireref."

Ok i think i fixed this.

Avira Boot Scan CD detected and removed the virus but everything was still jacked up. I then did a repair install (upgrade) of Windows 7 and everything is working again.

Good to hear, hopefully that bugger doesn't come back. If it does, I would just reinstall the OS.

Good to hear, hopefully that bugger doesn't come back. If it does, I would just reinstall the OS.

Well that is up to the person whose computer this is. They must have been visiting some bad websites. They had all kinds of other strange toolbars and crap i removed.

You might want to also try running the latest version of tdsskiller in a Windows PE envoirment.I have had a few rootkits that while detected and "deleted" in safe mode would always come back 'till I used the PE solution and then, good as new. Peace

Back