Windows 7 Network file transfer dropping

Shady240

Limp Gawd
Hey networking gods, in kind of a dilemma...

i use my HTPC as a file server, my music library is on it and i just stream it to my pc, and i transfer a bit of files on a daily basis. Nothing too huge or constant. but for some reason the HTPC's connection drops out randomly. meanwhile all of the other computers on the network, still have internet access, and operate fine. They can see the HTPC on the network but cant access it. In all of its aggrivating glory i come to you guys for help.

Specs:
rig configs are in sig
Router: DGL-4500
cables: all are either CAT5 or CAT6
OS's:
HTPC: Win7 x32
My rig: Win7 x64

I'd check in the logs of the HTPC (Start --> Right-click on "Computer" --> Manage --> event viewer) and see if there are any warnings coming up there.

Welcome to my world, lol... once in a blue moon I have to reboot my HTPC. Every few days I have to restart it also because my Western Digital Live drive can't seem to open its shares (yet my main pc can)

I also have issues copying large files (8GB+) from my main PC to my HTPC, they tend to crash sometimes.... drives me nuts

so after waiting for a few days to happen, its happened. While i was streaming a movie, the stream cut out, and i lost network connection with the HTPC. i checked the event log and theres quite a few errors (i think the cause is the atcL001 error...) any ideas or conclusions?

Back