Windows 7 microphone modulation and feedback issues

Ok.. long story, so I'll try and keep it as in depth and accurate as I can. First of all, I've already spent hours digging through the forums to see if this had been answered. I've seen several issues that almost looked similar.. I even tried the fix for each one with no luck.

These problems are with a 32bit version of Windows 7 Professional, using an onboard audio device and Realtek HD Audio Manager. I've already verified that I'm using the latest drivers for all devices involved. (Driver Genius)

Originally, I thought that my issue was a modulation issue with my mic. I've since proven this false. It may still be an issue, but the mic boost in the properties sufficiently makes up for any loss. The problem that I'm having now is what seems to be a software feedback. Any sound that goes through my mic is played through my headphones or speakers, dependent on which one is hooked up.

I've dug through all of the settings through windows, and through all of the settings on the Realtek HD Audio Manager. This includes ensuring that the "Listen to this Device" option is turned off, in the mic properties through windows. I have not been able to find a similar option in the Realtek manager. I even tried turning off "Allow programs to take exclusive control of this device", which had no effect. (Didn't think it would, but you never know.)

I've gone through all the settings both through windows and through realtek to turn off/on noise suppression, acoustic echo, DC offset cancellation. I've disabled all other audio devices to ensure that nothing is interfering with the system. I've used 3 different headsets (one definitely has a broken mic). I've also tested the two working headsets on another computer - they're both fine. And lastly, this computer previously had Windows XP Pro on it. The headset worked just fine while running XP. As soon as I installed windows 7, null. Any help is much appreciated.

Back