Windows 7 MC

Occidio

[H]ard|Gawd
Win7 continues to amaze me. I was playing around with media center and the extender for my xbox and my xbox can now play all my xvid avi's along with divx and quicktime movies. My xp media center htpc can not do that thru my xbox. I can even stream my netflix thru media center now.
Looks like its time to upgrade the htpc for win7.

Win7 continues to amaze me. I was playing around with media center and the extender for my xbox and my xbox can now play all my xvid avi's along with divx and quicktime movies. My xp media center htpc can not do that thru my xbox. I can even stream my netflix thru media center now.
Looks like its time to upgrade the htpc for win7.

You'd be much better off streaming netflix through the xbox 360 or any other box capable of streaming the HD feeds from Netflix (the PC streams only the crappy 380p videos).

MC is nice, now if only the content providers would get there acts together.

I love media center and the useful additions of libraries to Windows 7. I just want the internet TV content providers to allow viewing of TV shows in Canada. I can watch them on TV, why not on the internet?

Windows 7 Media Center is wonderful. I can't wait to FINALLY get a cable card tuner next year! HDTV and BD has kind of made me not think too much about Internet TV and streaming for now. The picture quality is SO much better than streaming and conventional downloads for now that I just don't care about them as video sources until broadband improves.

My MC is mostly a DVR and BD and DVD player.

Microsoft needs to work with an OEM and start selling MC HTPCs in Best Buy; and have them in the TV section.

Back