Windows 7 MC

McG2k1

Limp Gawd
MC on win7 rc seems to be pretty nice. It streams my re-compressed blu-ray back ups to my 360 painlessly. It won't stream the dvds that are still vob files tho.

Looking very good though so far. Any one else give it a go?

McG

Oh yeah, it rocks. I am using windows 7 7100 now and have been using it on my HTPC since it released to build 7000. I have no experience streaming to 360 though...

Last edited:
MC on win7 rc seems to be pretty nice. It streams my re-compressed blu-ray back ups to my 360 painlessly. It won't stream the dvds that are still vob files tho.

Looking very good though so far. Any one else give it a go?

McG

I was under the impression that it would for.vob files? no?

Where are you all getting Windows 7 downloads? I went to microsoft and they say its ended.

People running build 7000 got it from MS before the download period ended. People running later builds are getting them off torrents and using their keys they registered with build 7000. If you don't have keys then wait until May 5th and the official RC is released.

If you don't have a key simply use your live account to get one, go to the beta signup area, throw in your username / pw and it will give you a beta key =) I did it 2 days ago

If you don't have a key simply use your live account to get one, go to the beta signup area, throw in your username / pw and it will give you a beta key =) I did it 2 days ago

I didn't know you could still get keys. In that case get the key and the torrent but make sure you get the right one since there are some fake builds from china.

+1

Windows 7 Media Center is teh awesome. So much better than Vista Media Center.

I signed up for a key at microsoft. Anyone know a safe torrent build of windows 7? Please send me a message. thanks.

How long is the Windows 7 RC supposed to last before it self-destructs? Anyone see a problem building a new HTPC and using the release candidate as the only operating system until the retail version comes out?

i think a year? im pretty positive its atliest a year... im still running build 7000 since the day of release, and hell build 7000 isnt even that fucking bad.

Yeah, the RC won't expire till June 2010. You can get arguably the best OS today, for free. Its an incredible deal. And I bet if a new RC comes out it'll extend the date.

hack7mc.com has some cool tweaks to MC.

Remember, in March W7 will begin restarting every 2 hours. That could become quite annoying for a HTPC.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Back