Windows 7 login times

blarg

Limp Gawd
I installed Windows 7 RTM on my laptop from work. When I'm at work and it's connecting to the domain it logs in pretty quickly. When I'm at home not domain connected it takes about 60 seconds longer to log in.

I don't see any option at the login screen like XP had to pick domain or local login. Is there an easy way to fix this issue?

With vista and 7 you use the domain\username at the login as prompt

Your work probably has roaming something setup or folder redirection that 7 is looking for at login

With vista and 7 you use the domain\username at the login as prompt

Your work probably has roaming something setup or folder redirection that 7 is looking for at login

I have two mapped folders that obviously won't connect when I'm not on the domain. Could that be why it takes so long? I don't have a roaming profile on the Domain so that isn't it.

I was thinking their was something you could do at log in to bypass the network log in .... like you type in something\username or something ....

you can type LocalComputerName\user to bypass the domain login but your profile will be different and you will have to have a local user account

Back