Windows 7/iTunes for two users

jslater25

Limp Gawd
I'm not sure if this would be better placed in the Apple Products forum, so feel free to move it.

I've recently installed a clean Windows 7 and have several users. I would like to share one iTunes library (located on a different drive) between the two users, including sharing the Calendar and Contacts information. I believe the Cal and Contacts can be accomplished by selecting the proper settings in Outlook.

But I haven't managed to get iTunes to work the same for the music library. How do I accomplish this? I've even tried setting up a shortcut on the desktop of one user to point to the iTunes on another user's desktop.

Any suggestions?

The only thing I could think of would be to have all users shift-click the iTunes icon. Doing so will prompt for the location of the iTunes library file. Have the users select the appropriate library file (the ITL file) and it should work. You should technically only need to do this once.

I do think it's a little weird that the users can't access the same library, though. I have my iTunes library on a separate "music drive" and both the admin and the user account can access the same library without any issue. I didn't have to specify which library to use -- they both automagically loaded the same library.

Back