Windows 7 Impressions

I tried 7 but had to switch back because 3ds max 2009 couldn't save scenes, other than that it was all perfect. I will definitely buy a copy as soon as its final.:)

I tried 7 but had to switch back because 3ds max 2009 couldn't save scenes, other than that it was all perfect. I will definitely buy a copy as soon as its final.:)

Should never be expected to work as your fulltime OS... However I haven't booted back into my Vista install yet! I'm sure I will when I need some file or something (For some reason Windows 7 can't see my Vista install in Computer...)

It really just felt like Vista with a new UI and a bunch of new features to me. I think it's nice, but if the finished product is anything like the beta, I don't think it'll be worth upgrading to if you already own Vista.
That's damn close to the definition of any OS upgrade....

New UI... new features... do you want it to do your laundry?

I'm running Windows 7 on my laptop now. I've got a Core 2 Duo T7200 and 2GB of RAM. It runs much faster with Windows 7 on it than with Vista. I'm very pleased so far. Tons of little tweaks, but largely the same as Vista for general use.

@ Techiesooner - Did you try going into computer management -> disk management -> right click on your vista drive and assign it a drive letter. That's what I did for mine.
I love W7 so far, I haven't booted back to Vista yet except for photoshop because I'm too lazy to spend a gazillion years installing CS4.

@ Techiesooner - Did you try going into computer management -> disk management -> right click on your vista drive and assign it a drive letter. That's what I did for mine.
I love W7 so far, I haven't booted back to Vista yet except for photoshop because I'm too lazy to spend a gazillion years installing CS4.

Dunno why I didn't think of that before ;) That's what I needed to do alright...
Still have to boot into Vista to run some Apps though (I only got 20GB partitioned for Windows 7 so limited on what I can do in here...)

Windows 7 64 has been great for me. It sees all my harddrives and it's fast. I have had no serious problems at all and only some small glitches using silverlight 2 which might have nothing to do with the OS. Can't wait for the final

This is a very good beta.. I'm running it on my laptop, my desktop and most recently my work machine. I haven't had significant issues on any of them.

Unless I hit a wall with something I can't do between now and release, I think I'll just stick with Win 7.

Installed 64bit last night and WOW is it fast. No trouble in during the install and it saw all my hardware except X-Fi Extreme Gamer but the Vista drivers fixed that.

ALT-TAB from games to desktop and back was almost instant, Really looking forward to final release!

Q6600
780i
2GB
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
8800GTS 640MB

Back