Windows 7 - How can I add a buffer between mouse clicks?

apim

Weaksauce
I keep accidentally double-clicking when I mean to single click. Is there anyway I can add a 5ms mandatory buffer into my mouse clicks so I don't continue to accidentally do this? Thanks.

This allows me to adjust the double-clicking speed for the OS but I cannot add a buffer in between mouse clicks.

Well this wins the strangest thread of the day award. Stop double clicking, or buy a new mouse. Problem solved.

Your problem isn't a software or hardware error, but an operator one.

I'm not denying that it's my fault. I 100% agree that it is operator error. It only happens to me in the morning when I'm sleepy. I was hoping there was some sort of way to add in a buffer :\

Increase the double click speed to max. That way even if you double click, the chances will be small of clicking fast enough.

That doesn't accomplish what I'm going for though. That adjustment sets the maximum time after your first click that a 2nd click will initiate a double click. No matter how slow I set that, it will continue to allow me to double click at super fast speeds. Alternatively, if I were to set that to the extreme opposite, it would just require me to double click faster to initiate a double click.

What I'm trying to achieve is a buffer between clicks. What ends up happening is I'll go to close a window and then I accidentally close two windows. Or I'll click "delete" to delete an email and I accidentally delete 2 emails. I need that ~5ms buffer so I can't accidentally click so quickly.

This is a good example of bizarre user requests - the kind of shit you just can't make up. IS THERE A WAY TO MAKE THE COMPUTER KNOW WHEN I AM WRONG AND NOT DO ANYTHING?

No, you need to learn self-control. This is a valuable skill that becomes even more valuable and necessary the older you get.

Back