Windows 7 Glitches

CJ_Ceej

n00b
I just upgraded from windows xp to 7 and I have two main problems.

My Lexmark x1150 won't print, despite the fact that I've downloaded the latest driver for it from Lexmark, and all my USB drivers are up to date. When I go to printers in CP, it says it's there, ready, and online, but when I print and go to printer que, it says it's offline.

Second, my built in HP Media center keeps blocking out programs like house and Bones, saying it's blocked out due to it's parental control rating. If I intentionally type in the wrong password, it says wrong password, but when i type in the right password, nothing happens. I've gone into parental controls in media center and Control Panel and I haven't been able to fix anything.

PLEASE HELP!

Have you tried completely uninstalling the printer, unplugging the USB, rebooting the PC (and the printer too, can't hurt), reinstalling the printer driver, and replugging the USB? Sounds like something didn't go quite right with the driver install.

Not sure what to say about the other issue other than maybe you need to try running the application as Administrator or in XP Compatibility mode. Haven't used that particular piece of software and have no idea how it works.

I just upgraded from windows xp to 7 and I have two main problems.

My Lexmark x1150 won't print, despite the fact that I've downloaded the latest driver for it from Lexmark, and all my USB drivers are up to date. When I go to printers in CP, it says it's there, ready, and online, but when I print and go to printer que, it says it's offline.

Completely uninstall the all printer software and drivers. restart. Connect printer to pc and turn on printer. Win 7 should automatically detect the printer (basically plug and play) and ask if you would like to install the driver. Click yes. Done - total time less than 1 min. No need to install anything from Lexmark. Print

Second, my built in HP Media center keeps blocking out programs like house and Bones, saying it's blocked out due to it's parental control rating. If I intentionally type in the wrong password, it says wrong password, but when i type in the right password, nothing happens. I've gone into parental controls in media center and Control Panel and I haven't been able to fix anything.

This is a setting in windows control panel or your media center software. Keep looking or google it.

Back