Windows 7 frozen after display turning on

Galvin

2[H]4U
For years in vista been using blank screen after X minutes in power options. So this is a fresh install of windows 7 64. Nvidia driver 195.62 been using this driver under vista for a while with no issues.

Also got SB fatality 2_17_0007 drivers installed. And logitech setpoint 480_x64 installed. So I went to bed last night woke up today. Moved the mouse screen came back. Mouse still worked but everything else was frozen. Eventually the mouse disappeared and had to hit reset.

My sig has my hardware listed.

This happens to me a lot in the mornings, so I wake up the screen, go make breakfast, and when I come back it's unfrozen. Very strange.

I guess for now I'm going to have to use the screen saver instead.

When you say "frozen" do you mean completely unable to see anything, or that you couldn't move programs? Was your hard drive thrashing? Can you launch Resource Monitor and put it on the disk tab before blanking to see if it's slamming the page file upon resume?

This happens to me a lot in the mornings, so I wake up the screen, go make breakfast, and when I come back it's unfrozen. Very strange.

I actually noticed this behavior when I first installed Windows 7 x64 Ultimate on my tx1 tablet and I went back to x86 until end of October when the new drivers for the tx2 digitizer came out. Rebuilt the machine with x64 and I've see the issue since.

Just the mouse pointer could move, couldn't click on anything. Then while I was moving the mouse it vanished after a while.

So far this issue hasn't been resolved, does anyone know of any hotfixes for this problem?

Back