Windows 7 Drive properties

xxEIEIOxx

2[H]4U
When I right click on a drive in Windows 7 x64 and select properties for some reason it now comes up defaulted to the "Sharing" tab instead of "General". Both of my machines do this, but the Windows 7 machines at work do not. Something I have installed must have done it, but I have no idea what. Does anyone know of a way to change it back?

Nothing in your folder options in explorer? I will have to check this when I get home on my Win 7 machine.

I don't see any options that would cause this to happen. I figure it must be a registry setting somewhere.

Something in the registry may be corrupt or changed. The only thing I can think of is doing a "sfc /scannow" to in command prompt to do a system file check. And you have tried chkdsk /F in command prompt too right? I don't know the key, but there has to be registry setting to determine that. Try "restore defaults" in folder options > View. And Also "reset folders" in the same window. You could also check out settings in the Network and Sharing Center, to see if some kind of wacky setting is turned on (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings). Guys?

Oh yea, you could also try a repair of the OS. In Win7 the "repair" option of the OS Disc doesn't do the same thing as it did in XP. The only way I know how is to perform an "upgrade" to itself which does the same action. So, if you have an upgrade disc of the same version you could try that too.

No luck, none of it works. Haven't tried the repair install as it really isn't a big enough problem to go that far. Thanks for the suggestions.

Back