Windows 7 - Downloading file to subfolder in "Libraries" renames file

Deam

Limp Gawd
I'm testing out the "Libraries" feature of Windows 7 and seem to have found one minor annoyance which I am trying to determine if it is general behaviour.

If you add other folders to one of the "library" folders, say a "Rock" folder in the Music library, and then click on that folder when you are trying to save to that location through the "Save as" dialog in Libraries, the moment you click on the subfolder in the library the "File name" changes to the first file in that folder.

I know from many past experiences that when you are downloading a file and browsing where to save it, if you inadvertently click on another file it will rename the file name of the downloaded file name to the file you clicked (requiring you to rename it, or just cancelling and restarting the download). [if someone knows how to get the old name back quickly, that could be helpful]

In its current state, it makes saving to specific subfolders in the "Libraries" a chore, since it will rename the file every time you click a subfolder.

Does anyone else have this issue?

I just saved a few pictures to a folder inside My Pictures library and it did not change the name of the file I was saving. I clicked several folders and the name stayed the same.

Sorry, to clarify, I meant, for example, when you are downloading a file through internet explorer, and you direct it to the Library folders. The big issue I have is when I am downloading an MP3, and then select the subfolder in the "Music" library for say, for a genre, it automatically changes the name to the first file in that subfolder in the "Genre" folder.

Last edited:
Back