Windows 7 Displaying Wallpaper When Locked

skipsargent

Limp Gawd
Hello everyone. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7100 x32. I am using two video cards and spanning my desktop across 3 screens. This all works like a charm right out of the box. However I noticed a departure from previous versions of windows. When I lock the workstation two of the three monitors drop to black and only the main one displays this ugly blue default Windows 7 background. Anyone know of anyway to display my wallpapers on the screens while locked?

XP would show the wallpaper.
Vista does the same as Win7.
I prefer to see my wallpaper across my screens.

Do you really stare at the "locked" screen long enough for it to be worth caring about?

I work in a room filled with developers there isn't a desk with out at least 3 monitors on it. Many of us use interesting backgrounds and it servers to liven up the view a little bit considering there are no windows. Anyways, thanks for your oh so helpful contribution to this thread.

Hello everyone. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7100 x32. I am using two video cards and spanning my desktop across 3 screens. This all works like a charm right out of the box. However I noticed a departure from previous versions of windows. When I lock the workstation two of the three monitors drop to black and only the main one displays this ugly blue default Windows 7 background. Anyone know of anyway to display my wallpapers on the screens while locked?

Hmm that would be interesting, I have 3 monitors too (and nice wallpaper--but a customized logon screen).

I'd imagine you'd be able to specify the locked screen wallpaper in the registry. I don't know how you'd go about stopping windows from killing the peripheral displays, though.

The secondary screens will be black, but the main should have the login screen, which is really easy to adjust in 7. I dont know if you can set a multi-screen image for the login. Id rathe the secondary screen(s) go to sleep than black, but black works OK.

Id rathe the secondary screen(s) go to sleep than black, but black works OK.
That's a horrible thing to do to a multi-monitor system. LCD backlights age and dim over time, turning the secondary screens off would cause them to dim more slowly than the primary monitor.

The shift in brightness can become noticeable within as little as a month.

Back