Windows 7 curser won't stop moving? Help Please !

mnmgri4

Weaksauce
I have been running windows 7 ultimate for a while now and everything was good. Tonight all of the sudden my pointer won't stop jumping around the screen. Makes it almost impossible to use. I have scanned for viruses and Malware and everything is fine. I am stumped any help would be greately appreciated. This is very frustrating.

Thanks !

are you on a laptop? I've had employees at my company complain of the same thing, but it turned out he leans on his laptop's palm rest too much (he's a heavy guy), and it results in his cursor moving around the screen when he types.

Some more details would be nice. Like what sort of computer, and what device are you using for your mouse? The reason I ask is because my wife recently had a similar situation with her Lenovo laptop, with a touch-pad. If she plugged a USB mouse into the laptop it would act fine. It ended up being an problem with the synaptic software/driver for the touch-pad.

If you have an optical mouse, check that there isn't a hair on the sensor...

I am not on a laptop. It is a homebuilt PC. I have tried multiple mice and get the same result with each. I beleive there is something corrupt because it now won't let me start up AVIRA any longer. Will probably have to do a re-install of the OS.

I beleive there is something corrupt because it now won't let me start up AVIRA any longer.
That's a common behavior of some malware. I'm not saying that's definitely the culprit, but it is possible.

Back