Windows 7 creating user accounts?

Michael Scarn

Weaksauce
So to keep it short, Windows 7 decided to create a random user account when installing Windows Home Server 2011 Dashboard. Now I can't even log into my computer!!! I had firstly installed Dashboard onto my desktop computer with no problems (and no spontaneous user account). Just yesterday, I decided to install Dashboard onto the laptop following the same painless install. Upon reboot, I'm welcomed by the User Login screen with no selectable usernames, no profile pictures and no idea where this came from.

I remember identifying my laptop as Laptop in the Dashboard install, so that WHS 2011 would recognize it as that instead of its generic default name. The username and password I thought logically would work, don't. Can't login as administrator or guest. Frustrating to say the least.

I know there is a USB password key you can create, but I thought this was necessary to do before being completely locked out of the system. Also, booting into safe mode with networking does absolutely nothing; same login screen, same failure.

Why? Lol my life :(

Back