Windows 7 - cheapest version

WabeWalker

Supreme [H]ardness
After 18 months, my Core i7-VISTA 64 system is starting to exhibit problems.

A clean installation of the operating system tends to iron out the kinks, but unfortunately I didn't get any discs with this system.

It's time to buy Windows 7.

Basically, I'm looking for the cheapest version I can find. Could somebody here link me to Newegg's Canadian website? I went there and searched around, but I couldn't figure out which one I needed?

By the way, this is for my gaming system. That's all I do on that computer is game.

After 18 months, my Core i7-VISTA 64 system is starting to exhibit problems.

A clean installation of the operating system tends to iron out the kinks, but unfortunately I didn't get any discs with this system.

It's time to buy Windows 7.

Basically, I'm looking for the cheapest version I can find. Could somebody here link me to Newegg's Canadian website? I went there and searched around, but I couldn't figure out which one I needed?

By the way, this is for my gaming system. That's all I do on that computer is game.

Hi, WabeWalker,

The Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM should be the cheapest.

Hope this helps.

Chuklr

What kind of problems?

Nothing major. Just all sorts of niggling little problems that weren't present on day one.

Such as the clock not synchronizing with ANY time server anywhere. I've spent literally a dozen hours trying to solve this quite frankly ludicrous problem. I've Googled every potential solution that's been posted on the net - but I remain defeated.

I can't sync my clock. Oddly enough, from what I've been able to gather, that appears to be why when I launch the Games For Windows Live client I'm unable to purchase titles. I can play the ones I buy through steam, but I can't actually buy titles from the store. I'd like to be able to buy Fable 3 in the fall, and right now that would be an impossibility.

I'm also having a problem with cookies. After buying Fallen Earth I attempted to setup a user account - the webpage insisted that I allow for cookies. After completely disabling every security measure in internet explorer, and after switching over Firefox, the problem remained unresolved.

That's two problems within the space of a week which I've been unable to solve. The GFWL issue has existed for about six months now, but it was only last week that I was able to realize I couldn't sync the clock with a time server, and that this was somehow linked to my GFWL problem.

I know what you're thinking - maybe I've got a virus.

Yes, maybe I do have a virus. A clean install would likely fix that. It's just a good idea, I think, to re-install you OS every 18 months.

Complex operating systems tend to break down over time, and doing a fresh install just causes a lot of little troubles to vanish.

Back