Windows 7 Build 7232

Drawmonster

2[H]4U
This is supposed to be very close to RTM, if not the RTM. It's been leaked and is on torrent sites.

Anyone using this yet?

It's not the RTM, and people are wary of it because it's a VHD leak (impossible to tell if it's been tampered with).

Same principle as all the rest (and I really can't figure out why people won't pay attention sometimes):

Load it, open an Admin Command Prompt, run sfc /scannnow and see what transpires. If any file has been tampered with or modified in any way, even 1 bit out of place where it shouldn't be, SFC is going to notify you of it and at that point you can decide on what action to go with (delete the whole damned thing, take a chance, etc).

That is the one sure-fire way to guarantee nothing has been tampered with specifically with respect to any file installed off the installation media.

NEXT!!!

Same principle as all the rest (and I really can't figure out why people won't pay attention sometimes):

Load it, open an Admin Command Prompt, run sfc /scannnow and see what transpires. If any file has been tampered with or modified in any way, even 1 bit out of place where it shouldn't be, SFC is going to notify you of it and at that point you can decide on what action to go with (delete the whole damned thing, take a chance, etc).

That is the one sure-fire way to guarantee nothing has been tampered with specifically with respect to any file installed off the installation media.

NEXT!!!

What is sfc.exe has been tampered with? :eek:

Are you serious? The new default wallpaper is a giant Windows logo? Fake, it's gotta be fake... oh, god. I really hope this is fake.

It's real, I know it. It has to be. :-(

That's the first thing that gets checked. ;)

I think he means that it wouldnt be too hard to replace SFC with a completely different app that pretends it is scanning but in reality does nothing to report bad files and tells you everything is fine.
It might be an idea to manually check SFC.exe and any supporting files (not sure if there are any, never actually looked at how SFC is implemented) to make sure they are genuine, before scanning.
But by the time the correct file hashes are available, the version release will be out anyway.

So best not to try this from a torrent, wait for the proper release.

Not fake. Have it now ( Torrent Release ) on my system as well as many others. Booted up from clean install 14 minutes with one VelociRaptor 74 GB drive.

The digital signature on those files simply cannot be faked, so... check the one on SFC, if it comes up as accurate, there ya go. Idiotic hackers and people leaking this stuff simply do not have the necessary skills (regardless of just how talented they are) to get past most of this self-checking code.

"The question isn't are you paranoid... the question is are you paranoid enough..."

Bleh.

DLing now. Will run in a VM and test.

Once RTM comes out, I will put that on my box.

Joe, your method is only going to check Windows files, but it doesn't scan the registry, it doesn't scan files not included in the Windows media or patches, and it's not going to tell you if something is there that shouldn't be.

Maybe they didn't tamper with any Windows files, but there could still be malicious programs included. This build is probably clean, but come on people, if you think sfc is going to keep you safe :rolleyes:... that's not what it was designed for.

A VHD is a Virtual Hard Drive file. This leak was created from a VHD file. Let me put it another way... you're installing an image of some Russian guy's hard drive. Who knows what's on there?

Builds that are leaked as an ISO, like 7229, are much safer.

Last edited:
This is supposed to be very close to RTM, if not the RTM. It's been leaked and is on torrent sites.

Anyone using this yet?
Every single release since 7127 has been claimed to be the RTM. There's going to be the RTM when Microsoft announces they have an RTM build. I'm not sure where this idea that Microsoft has secret OS builds that are stable and ready to ship comes from. RTM is not going to be for another 2 months, what makes anything think they are ready now? It's already been shown there are leaky faucets in regards to 7, when there is a true RTM client, Microsoft will announce it and you will know about it. It's not going to be a secret like a lot of people seem to want it to be.

Every single release since 7127 has been claimed to be the RTM. There's going to be the RTM when Microsoft announces they have an RTM build. I'm not sure where this idea that Microsoft has secret OS builds that are stable and ready to ship comes from. RTM is not going to be for another 2 months, what makes anything think they are ready now? It's already been shown there are leaky faucets in regards to 7, when there is a true RTM client, Microsoft will announce it and you will know about it. It's not going to be a secret like a lot of people seem to want it to be.

RTM signing is the 24th, so we'll know which build is the RTM in 8 days. I can tell you right now though... if the build date is not between the 15th and 19th then it's not the RTM.

RTM signing is the 24th, so we'll know which build is the RTM in 8 days. I can tell you right now though... if the build date is not between the 15th and 19th then it's not the RTM.

I thought signing was on the 19th? Or am I just mistaken? Too lazy to go back and Google translate some Russian ;P

I thought signing was on the 19th? Or am I just mistaken? Too lazy to go back and Google translate some Russian ;P

The "process" may begin on the 19th, but I'm pretty sure the actual signing isn't until the 24th. I'm also too lazy to go look it up again.

Back