Windows 7, BOINC, Suspending Operations

• Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88227

Not sure why this is happening. The computer is set to run always on. Nothing is using it.

wtf.jpg

I keep getting Computation Errors on this box.

Running Windows 7 SP1
3x 980 Ti GPUs
6c 12t Intel CPU

Windows is not set to go to sleep.
Windows is not set to hibernate.
It's set to maximum performance in the power options.

When I ran goofygrid@home which is a non CPU intensive project (NCI), I had intemittent connection problem on my rig which disable the BOINC manager, IIRC. There is a sequence to run this can I cannot recall. Since you have WUprop, maybe try without WUprop? I'm not sure if NCI project does interefere with computing intensive projects. Just a guess.

I'm guessing the system is going into sleep or hybernation. Can you verify your power profile within Windows and make sure it is set to high performance?

I rebooted the rig. Gonna see what happens now.

Yes it's running in High Performance and nothing is set to go to sleep or power off except the monitor.

Looks like sleep/hibernation to me. Or you have it set to not crunch while you are using the computer. There are separate memory limits for idle vs in use.

ive been having that issue latey aftter win7 and 10 picked up some patches no matter what i change in the power settings to never to go sleep it will revert back to sleep after 1 hour. mostly on the win10 computer. ive changed the settings used the high performance ones but it often reverts back. started doing this right when the marathons started. i have it set to both never turn off monitor and computer right now on a win10 box ill see if that helps. just turning off the monitor myself when i leave :|

7.2.47 on the Windows boxes and 7.7.0 on the Linux boxes.

So far I haven't had anymore issues. In the event log it was happening almost every hour.

When this bug appeared in the past, people noticed to get BOINC manager happy again was to log off the system or restart. However, they would continue to see it off and on. I honestly don't recall a single fix. Some re-installed the client. However, it has been a very long time since I last saw it spring up. Was wondering if you were using the latest test build and maybe the bug came back...

Back