Windows 7 b7229 RAID f6 driver install error.

Damn Dirty Ape

[H]ard|Gawd
I have 2 drives (1tb WD) installed RAID 0 on a Rampage II Extreme motherboard, needed to reinstall the 7229 build. Booted from the DVD, have the latest intel matrix 64bit on a thumb drive , W7 install prompts for drivers, I direct it towards the 64bit dir on the drive, it finds the proper ich10r driver. Drives are set to AHCI in bios.

It searches and I get the animated green bar at the bottom, after about 30 seconds to a minute it says 'no new devices found - insure that driver files are present'.

I've googled and seen some have the same error message but I haven't yet found a definitive answer how to fix. I've tried using both the drivers that came with the motherboard and the latest download from intel (specifically calling out w7 64 bit capable).

Hmm. The same build installed last week just fine.

WTF.

I have an ASUS P6T that I just set up for RAID 0 with Windows 7 RC. The BIOS setting is RAID not AHCI. Once you set it to RAID and save settings you will restart and press control+i when prompted to create the RAID array. Start at 4-35 in the manual that came with your motherboard and it walks you through the steps. Also, before you do it, you may want to decide on the stripe size. I went with 32. The default is the max of 128 which is recommended for large files, video and such. Scanning other posts it seemed like a lot of gamers went for 32 or 16.

Back