Windows 7 and why it sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

addomino

n00b
Windows 7 x64 version

Well i try it and thats the story

Instaltion very fast, maybe even faster than XP, looks like Vista with some cosmetics changes, the explorer is still a mess, system uses 30% of memory.

Installing drivers, Ati 9.6 panel dont show detect menu, realltec audio HD driver didnt instal properly on first try no panel, still you cant switch audio output BIG JOKE!

To the games, Oblivion game is slower about 5 fps in heavy areas, also lagas alot in citys due to procesor being used for system more. I enter cave try to cast a spell and BINGO crash to desktop.

Conclusion:

Developers, develpers, developers, develpers, marketing, develpers, developers, develpers.... :)

for the most part, i've had very good experiences with it. here's my only gripe i have with win7 right now:

1) had a bran new xfx HD4650 that does not work with win7 but was fine with XP
2) on my netbook, the screen keeps blinking every 20 min, and could not turn off screen for a long period of time until it turned back on automatically

other than that, win7 is fine for just the RC. i'm sure more bugs will be fixed on the final version when it launches. right now, everyone is a beta tester you know... so obviously there will be some problems, but to say a general statement that it just sucks hard is a little harsh IMO

its not released as retail to public.

until then, no need to bash. how about telling ms support about your issues and help the development process? talking bad about it here isnt going to help anything.

Yeah, seriously, until a product is released, reviewing it is pointless.

When a product enters beta, it's usually in the optimization stages. This is a whole new operating system, so current drivers don't have full Windows 7 support either.

You can complain about 7 all you want when it comes out, but until then it's wise to reserve judgement, or otherwise look like a fool.

i know its a beta but Windows 7 is a windows vista SP3 they work on this system for 3 years or more, it uses the same drivers, the realtec output was probably reportet many times, also ati users they all work with 59hz refresh rate on LCD :)

[X] This thread fails on so many levels it's not even funny.
[X] Consistent mention of software that's not part of Windows 7.
[ ] Belief that this sort of trend won't continue.

Bleh.

i know its a beta but Windows 7 is a windows vista SP3 they work on this system for 3 years or more, it uses the same drivers, the realtec output was probably reportet many times

Wrong. Windows 7 is not "Windows Vista SP3". It is an entirely seperate operating system. It was actually being developed as a successor to Windows XP but was set on the backburner when Longhorn (Vista) was being worked on. After Vista's release, work began again on Windows 7 (Blackcomb).

This is why it's been worked on for years now.

You should probably get your facts straight before posting man...

Wrong. Windows 7 is not "Windows Vista SP3". It is an entirely seperate operating system. It was actually being developed as a successor to Windows XP but was set on the backburner when Longhorn (Vista) was being worked on. After Vista's release, work began again on Windows 7 (Blackcomb).

This is why it's been worked on for years now.

You should probably get your facts straight before posting man...

Well why then Windows 7 looks almost the same as Vista (interface) and why the hell its use the same drivers??? Did windows 98 and Xp use the same driver?

I raport both 2 last post as Spam! and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts, GET OUT FROM HERE IF YOU HAVE NOTHING POSITIVE TO SAY MORONS!

Well why then Windows 7 looks almost the same as Vista (interface) and why the hell its use the same drivers??? Did windows 98 and Xp use the same driver?

Because, generally, when designing an operating system, if you actually want the mainstream consumer to buy it and use it, you have to make it either very intuitive, or very similar to the previous release so that people won't feel overwhelmed by the product.

Windows has never been the most intuitive OS out there, so obviously it has to adhere to some sort of consistancy.

And it stands to reason that in order to make things easier on manufacturers and improve overall performance, the new operating system should be as backward-compatible with drivers and software as possible. That's why you see drivers for Vista working on Windows 7. However, until you see release-build drivers being distributed for the Windows 7 OS, you cannot expect flawless or equivelent performance from drivers developed for Vista running on Windows 7.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back