Windows 7 and triple LCD Setup theme problem.

J32P

[H]ard|Gawd
I have windows 7 7100 and when I only have two of my LCD's hooked up, everything runs fine. As soon as I hook up the third one, I keep getting out of memory error for the theme and it reverts to the basic looking taskbar(Light blue). I have 12GB's of memory so it has to be a setting in the OS that is doing this. ANyone?:confused:

Assuming you're running 2 cards, do they use the same drivers?

I'm running 3 monitors here all on DVI with two video cards

Primary two are run off a GeForce 8500GT and the third is driven by a GeForce 6200

Odd, this may be related to immature drivers for Windows 7 specifically. WDDM1.1 is still a bit of newer technology so it will be a bit for the manufacturers to get really stable drivers. Are you using the Windows 7 specific new drivers (AMD/ATI just released new Catalyst Drivers I believe within the last week or so), the ones that shipped with Windows 7 RC, or are you using the Windows Vista drivers.
If you are using the original Windows 7 drivers, then try the newest ones. If that fails, then just use the Windows Vista specific ones. They will work, but you won't get the WDDM1.1 advantages, but you will likely get a more stable desktop environment.
Just having a "Theme" give an out of memory error is bizarre and likely a driver bug, since it drops you back to non-aero surfaces (no glass, just flat colors). Unless you are using massive desktop reconfigurations through WindowBlinds and other programs.

Kurtis Whittington - Microsoft Windows Client Team

I switched to Windows 7 7232(I was using 7100) as well ATI's newer 9.6 Catalyst drivers and i never seen it again, yet.

Thanks for the info though.

Back