Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Release Candidate is live

Jon55

2[H]4U
Taken from Engadget:

We knew good and well it was coming, and here it is. Microsoft has today introduced the Release Candidate (RC) of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1) to the public, and for those unaware of how these software rollouts "work," the RC release generally signals that a final build is just about ready. As previously announced, the only new features added to the SP1 are the Windows Server 2008 R2-related virtualization technologies, Dynamic Memory and RemoteFX, and while Windows 7 SP1 will enable PCs to take advantage of these server-based features to provide a more scalable and richer VDI experience for end users, there are no additional new features specific to Windows 7. If that's cool with you, there's a source link (and a download) waiting for you just below.

Check the Windows Blog here for more information.

And here's a TechNet link.

good to know, but i will be the first to say, windows 7 ran great out of the box,m SP1 was not needed for those who follow the 'wait until SP1 myth" follow....i hope that mentality stops with windows 7.

even for me on Vista, it ran great out of the box except for now saving folder views and the network local only issue.

good to know, but i will be the first to say, windows 7 ran great out of the box,m SP1 was not needed for those who follow the 'wait until SP1 myth" follow....i hope that mentality stops with windows 7.

even for me on Vista, it ran great out of the box except for now saving folder views and the network local only issue.

Oh I totally agree 100%. Vista was great for me, and 7 has been nothing but fantastic. I posted this purely for news purposes.

I assume that
1. This expires at some point
2. I will have to uninstall to install the final.
Given that and my agreement with the others that there is not really anything wrong with it now I think I will wait until the final unless I am incorrect on the 2 points above.

Back