Windows 7 And Screenshots (?)

Totally unfamiliar with screenshots but I get the idea of the "snipping Tool". What I need to do is take some screenshots of my router settings - long story short - I forgot the password and can only enter as a user:mad:. I'm going to have to do a full reset and would like to save my settings.

Here's the problem I ran into with the snipping tool - It only snips what's on the screen. Is there a way to take a shot of the whole page , not just what's on the screen ? I really don't want to have to take multiple snips of each settings page. I'm feeling really dumb right now and I have been tweaking this router for a while and think I finally have it where it best performs for my needs.

I'm not afraid to try a different tool if that's what it takes.

no, pretty much any screen shot program will only take a shot of what is displayed on the screen.

have something like CutePDF?
You could always "print" the page to a PDF file

or even XPS depending on whether or not (and what version) of MS Office you have

What about Adobe AIR? I see that there is a "Create PDF" in the readers selections at the top. When I click , it wants to install "AIR"

Was just reading about it. It says that another app called "Ghost..." something needs to be installed. Is this true for Win 7 x64 Ultimate? I don't really like installing more things than I have to ......but then again , if I have to.

Was just reading about it. It says that another app called "Ghost..." something needs to be installed. Is this true for Win 7 x64 Ultimate? I don't really like installing more things than I have to ......but then again , if I have to.

Ghost? no clue what that could be talking about... only app I know of is Norton Ghost for creating drive images.

I have CutePDF installed on my computer and it didn't require any pre-requisites that I can remember.

I think it was called Ghost Script. I did a little more reading and didn't see any other mention of having to install anything else. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the assist! ;)

I'm assuming you are able to access the router through a web browser? Why not install CutePDF and then "print" the entire page to PDF. The print preview will show you exactly how this looks.

Also, some routers have the ability to export the configuration to a file.

Just figured if XPS was already installed , I'd use it. I'll probably try Cute though. Yes my router will save a configuration file but I would also assume it would save the Admin password. Am I correct? If not , that would be insanely simple!

Looking for it - can't seem to find it. :(

It might be an optional component? I don't have office installed. I do have windows 7 ultimate though.

I see it listed under control panel -> programs -> turn windows features on or off, then enable xps services. (and xps viewer)

Totally unfamiliar with screenshots but I get the idea of the "snipping Tool". What I need to do is take some screenshots of my router settings - long story short - I forgot the password and can only enter as a user:mad:. I'm going to have to do a full reset and would like to save my settings.

Here's the problem I ran into with the snipping tool - It only snips what's on the screen. Is there a way to take a shot of the whole page , not just what's on the screen ? I really don't want to have to take multiple snips of each settings page. I'm feeling really dumb right now and I have been tweaking this router for a while and think I finally have it where it best performs for my needs.

I'm not afraid to try a different tool if that's what it takes.

I use Jing for this kind of stuff.

http://www.jingproject.com/

I use my favorite free image viewer iranview to capture screen shots.
http://www.irfanview.com/

It can capture the current active App, the current monitor, all monitors etc...

Irfanview is must have freeware IMO.

Back