Windows 7 and Parallel Port Access (For JP1 Remote)

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I have a JP1 remote a RadioShack 15-2116 (The remotes that were very popular before and probably still are even after the Logitech Harmony Line came out) and I have the 64 bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate and it will not let my JP1 program IR 8.02 access the parallel port it says something about Port NT Driver Access here is an image of the exact error
IR_Err.jpg

is there anyway in a 64 bit OS to allow a 32 bit program to access the Parallel port?
anyway I wanted to program my remote for a Sony MHC-GX20 (Picked up at the Goodwill with out the remote of course) I actually have a Logitech Harmony but not all of the functions for my device are listed so I am trying to use my JP1 remote to program the harmony as I don't have the original remote commander (As Sony calls it and wants $25 for one)
I am currently using my old XP laptop (Which is painfully slow and I think the HDD is dying anyway I would love to have this working on my main computer as that laptop is old and slow and I don't feel like installing XP on my spare computer, Which currently has a failed install of Linux)

please let me know if I absolutely have to use XP, then I will probably just use my spare computer (When I get around to it ) and will buying an PCI or PCI-E parallel port solve the driver access issue? I am using a Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2l (Intel G31 + ICH7 Chipset)
Oh I am running an admin account and running with admin privileges did nothing

Thanks in advance

Looks like it's trying to install a driver to access the device. Probably failing because no 64-bit version of said driver was included. I think you're probably pretty much out of luck unless you can find a 64-bit version of the driver somewhere, or possibly via virtualization.

OK that sounds like the problem then as it uses the delphi Port IO driver called gwiopm.sys I will search google then and see if I can find a 64 bit version of it

How do I get use and or get XP mode in Windows 7? I have the Ultimate version but I don't think my CPU Supports Visualization technology (I have an E5200 2.5GHZ with a Intel G31 + ICH 7 Motherboard + 2 GB of DDR II 800MHZ)

If your CPU doesn't support Visualization technology I guess you would have to do it the old way by installing virtual PC 2007 and then installing XP pro from your CD. It should work but it won't be as slick as XP mode is. If you go here you should find a link to a tool that will tell you if your CPU will run Virtual PC and XP mode. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Back