Windows 7 and Hard Drive Failures

TeeJay88

Limp Gawd
This may be pure coinsedence, using windows 7 i have had 2 hard drive failures. Both Seagate Barracudas, One is 320gig 7200.10(Some how i managed to bring this one back by obtaining a second hard drive and tinkering around with different sata cords and sata slots(still in the slot it was in when it failed)
The Second is a 500gig 7200.11(permantley dead), i wanna say this one is only about 6 months old. When each one failed it was the primary drive, and i do play alot of games with can account for alot of use, but still. Bum, bum, baaa. I could just be paranoid.

In the first case, the sata cable may have come loose (happens to me all the time on a system I used cheap sata cables with).

However, gaming and Windows 7 aren't going to make hard drives die. It was just a fluke.

This is the 5th or 6th post in the past 2 months about Windows 7 killing HDD's but am I and the OP the only two that see this?

I've seen way more posts, here and elsewhere over time, regarding the premature failures of 7200.11 drives ;)

Back