Windows 7 and EUE?

ReconSniper

[H]ard|Gawd
I was wondering what you guys thought about Windows 7. My system is in my sig, and i get EUEs all day long on my 295. I just shut down the client and restart it. instead of getting 14k ppd, Im getting 8k-ish because while Im at work at least one of the cores will EUE. I was told its a Vista issue and Windows XP users arent getting this error with the 295. So what about Windows 7? Should I buy it as soon as it comes out to get the most from folding? I know it will help my ssd performance too, but Im really just interested in getting rid of the EUEs and folding without monitoring it. Sometimes Im gone for a week at a time and dont want to lose PPD due to both cores EUE. Thanks

I really don't know "jack" about the GTX295, but I have 2x 24/7 boxen DCing with Q6600's, one with a eVGA 8800GS and the other with a eVGA 9600GSO. Both boxen have the GPU2 client on core #3 and the WCG clients on cores #0, #1, #2. I have the Win7 beta 7000 32 bit OS on the boxen with the eVGA 9600GSO (96 shaders) and I have Win7 beta 7000 64 bit OS on the boxen with the eVGA 8800GS. I've had them DCing 24/7 and for a little over a month
(or realistically however long I've had Win7 :rolleyes:) and I haven't had the first EUE or problem of any kind. :D

I have 2x registered copies of WinXP w/SP3 and I'll probably retire them for the Win7 64 bit release. I like the Win7 beta. :p

I have 2 systems running win7 beta.
One with a 4850 and one with a GTX 260.

Both run smooth and haven't had any EUEs from the OS at all.

Ok, well with my 260 in vista I wasnt having problems and never got an EUE. Its the 295 thats the issue. Is anyone running Windows 7 with a 295?

Back