Windows 7 and battery drivers

XpediencY

Gawd
I currently have a new Dell e6400, and everything works great with windows 7 ultimate 64bit, but I have a problem with the battery detection. It goes normal from 100% to around 50%, then once it reaches, I would guess 52%, it drops to 7% and then my battery is all used up. The funny thing is that when I check the battery life on the battery itself (there's a little button to see how much is used up on it), at 60%, there are 3/5 lights on... then at 50%, only 1 light is on.

Now I don't think this is a battery problem because I used another battery on another e6400 to test it and the same thing happens, except at 60%. Any ideas?

BIOS shows both batteries as healthy, and "powercfg -energy" shows that my battery is holding up 100% of its charge.

Since you have another system, use both batteries in it to ensure they both work. If they do, you probably have a bad charger board (motherboard)

There is no such thing as battery drivers, but its possible you can use a different power plan on Win 7 or a low power mode in software from the vendor you bought it from. Compare the times in the other device and RMA it if you can via support

Actually, just checked it all and it appears all 3 e6400 do drop after 50%. It is not related to windows 7. It also happens in the system bios. Seems weird to me.

Yea, I checked the bios for everything and I do mean everything. I'm leaning toward bad batteries for all three of them lol. Kinda weird for the battery meter in the bios, windows 7, and on the back of the battery to jump from 50% to 7%.

My e6400 doesn't do that and I haven't seen it on the donzen or so e-series I've deployed with win7. You got a bad batch.

Back