Windows 7 Activation Problems

hexden

n00b
I bought a Windows 7 Upgrade Family Pack which is good for use on 3 PCs. The first PC I used it on had it's motherboard (Intel P67) bricked by a bad flash from Intel. I replaced the motherboard and re-used the same CPU and got Microsoft to activate it online. I then built another computer and used the same Product Key from the Windows 7 Upgrade Family Pack and again got Microsoft to activate it online. Now I've built a 3rd computer and when I tried to get Microsoft to activate it online it didn't work. Instead it's asking me to buy another Product Key.

I'm thinking that Microsoft thinks that the 1st computer that I used the Product Key on is still around. How do I get them to remove that 1st computer from the license so I can activate the new one? I'm not spending money to but another license when the license I have is good on 3 computers and I only want to use it on 3 computers. Thanks.

The phone system will verify your license key against the number of installs that it allows. Simply say or choose '3' when it asks how many computers you've installed the copy of Windows on. It should say 'verified' and then read out the activation code.

Yeah, call the number. It takes 5 minutes (i have to do this at work all the time) and should work.

Back