windows 7 64 bit not compatible with my mobo?

Circumnavigate

Limp Gawd
Hello everyone I just installed windows 7 64 on my computer and it does not seem to be compatible at all with my motherboard. The mobo is an Asus M2A-VM socket AM2 and I have an athlon 64 x2 5000.

Right after I isntalled windows I tried to install the mobo drivers but as soon as I put the CD into the drive it simply says "this operating system is not supported", then when I go to the Asus website to download the drivers, every time I try to run them it crashes my computer to a blue screen and then restarts.

Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong? I'm thinking this mobo just doesnt support windows 7?

install latest chipset drivers from ASUS site they are W7 WHQL certified
Are as stated earlier just use whats on W7 disk

run windows update: in most cases windows 7 will search and download the compatible missing driver for your mobo. :)

Hello everyone I just installed windows 7 64 on my computer and it does not seem to be compatible at all with my motherboard. The mobo is an Asus M2A-VM socket AM2 and I have an athlon 64 x2 5000.

Right after I isntalled windows I tried to install the mobo drivers but as soon as I put the CD into the drive it simply says "this operating system is not supported", then when I go to the Asus website to download the drivers, every time I try to run them it crashes my computer to a blue screen and then restarts.

Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong? I'm thinking this mobo just doesnt support windows 7?
Type 'Device Manager' into the search box. Look at the hardware and see what has a yellow mark by it. If there are no yellow marks that means everything is installed. In most cases, Windows already has drivers for your motherboard and it's features.

Your computer isn't suppose to crash, and leave it just like that - unsolved, isn't a good idea.

Be sure that your computer save's the minidump files, and upload them to your post.
These minidump files are created every time your computer stops unexpectedly.

If you havn't already turned on minidumps, go to the Control Panel and follow this steps:

1. System Icon
2. Advanced Tab
3. Startup and Recovery -> Settings
4. Enable Write an Event to the system log
5. Disable Automatically Restart
6. Select the following debugging information:
* Small memory dump (64 Kb)
* Small Dump Directory : %SystemRoot%\Minidump
7. Confirm all and restart the computer.

*As you probably got this by now, the minidump files location is in %SystemRoot%\Minidump

Bluescreening doing what? Just installing drivers that you didn't need anyway??

No man it was blue screening while doing rudimentary things in windows, just opening a folder BLUE SCREEN CRASH

I hate windows

No man it was blue screening while doing rudimentary things in windows, just opening a folder BLUE SCREEN CRASH

I hate windows

Hmmm that is wierd. You probably have bad hardware... hardly a Windows issue.

You DID try running memtest and a HDD diagnostic to make sure those weren't an issue right??

Back