Windows 7 32-bit Driver for Intel SD Host Controller

CrimsonKnight13

Lord Stabington of [H]ard|Fortress
I've had a crazy time trying to find a driver the the Intel SD Host Controller (ACPI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F14 or ACPI\80860F14). I know I'm taking the hard route since I just installed Window Thin PC on my wife's Lenovo ideapad 100S, which normally comes installed with Windows 10 x64 on a Samsung eMMC, but Thin PC works great on her laptop with a m.2 SSD installed.

I already tried utilizing the most recent Atom embedded drivers for Windows 7 & modifying the INF strings to try to force it to work but that just gave a non-working host controller. It'd be great to have the Samsung eMMC drive show up but I keep hitting walls.

Couple concerns. ThinPC is a Software Assurance only benefit. So I have zero clue how you are licensing that for home use. Secondly, I'm not sure what you mean by "Thin PC works great on her laptop with a m.2 SSD installed". If you're talking about lack of drive space, Windows 10 does have a compact OS function that will shrink the install size. That laptop also should have 32 bit Windows which also will take up less space. If it's the 2GB model I would recommend 32 bit Windows 10 instead of 64 bit.

http://www.ghacks.net/2016/07/28/free-up-windows-10-disk-space-with-compact-os/

There are also things like disabling System Restore and running Disk Cleanup after updates that can help free up a bunch of space

Regarding the driver issue, Windows 7 is not designed for that. But have you tried embedded drivers? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...or-Windows-7-32-bit-and-64-bit-?product=29035

Last edited:
I have it from TechNet Pro. Plenty of space with the m.2 SSD as well.

After much mulling, I decided to go with Windows 10 RS1 32-bit. It's looking good again since before ThinPC it had Win10 64-bit & it was sucking bad.

That driver pack does not have the device ID in the SD controller INF & editing this specific INF doesn't change the outcome sadly.

Back