Windows 11 and Windows Update KB5013943 warning with Sophos

The_Heretic

Certified [H]
I have actually already delt with this and got working again. But this morning the malware/ virus software I run (Sophos Home) posted a warning as I booted up letting customers know this is an issue and not to install the update.

Windows 11 Bluescreen/stop error after Windows Update KB5013943​

Customers on Windows 11 running Sophos Home may encounter a BSOD/Stop error after installing Windows Update KB5013943 and restarting their machines

The symptoms involve being unable to get to the desktop after restarting the computer/shutting down powering it back on post installation of Windows Update KB5013943
This includes a Stop Error Index Mismatch message (Blue Screen)

https://support.home.sophos.com/hc/en-us/articles/6257009398292

My resolution was pretty simple, running DISM and SFC resolved the corrupted files and I didn't need to uninstall the update.

I have actually already delt with this and got working again. But this morning the malware/ virus software I run (Sophos Home) posted a warning as I booted up letting customers know this is an issue and not to install the update.

Windows 11 Bluescreen/stop error after Windows Update KB5013943​

Customers on Windows 11 running Sophos Home may encounter a BSOD/Stop error after installing Windows Update KB5013943 and restarting their machines

The symptoms involve being unable to get to the desktop after restarting the computer/shutting down powering it back on post installation of Windows Update KB5013943
This includes a Stop Error Index Mismatch message (Blue Screen)

https://support.home.sophos.com/hc/en-us/articles/6257009398292

My resolution was pretty simple, running DISM and SFC resolved the corrupted files and I didn't need to uninstall the update.
i saw that a couple days ago, ms is "working on a fix" but this seems easy enough. good to know, just in case, thnx!
edit: dism /restorehealth?

i saw that a couple days ago, ms is "working on a fix" but this seems easy enough. good to know, just in case, thnx!
edit: dism /restorehealth?
Yeah, pretty much DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Here's showing it's in and running. I sent a message to Sophos this morning letting them know.

1652532496018.png

EDIT - Got this back from Sophos this morning.
"Very sorry to hear of the troubles, but happy to hear you were able to resolve that. Thank you for passing this along. We have also released a hot-fix yesterday for Sophos Home that addresses this. Please reach out if you ever need anything else. Have a good one!"

Last edited:
Back