Windows 10 To Launch This Summer In 190 Countries

HardOCP News

[H] News
At the Windows Hardware Engineering Community (WinHEC) summit on Wednesday, Terry Myerson, executive vice president of Windows, Microsoft Corp., announced that Windows 10 will launch in 190 countries and 111 languages around the world this summer. Myerson also announced a diverse collection of strategic partnerships and initiatives with leading global companies across the greater China region, including Lenovo, Tencent and Qihu 360. These partnerships will enable hundreds of millions of Windows customers in China to upgrade to Windows 10, driving adoption around the world through ecosystem advancements.

Windows 10 delivers new capabilities that will enable hardware and device manufacturers to create technology, devices and experiences for customers around the world, including Windows Hello.* Unveiled on stage for the first time via a Lenovo ThinkPad YOGA 15, Windows Hello provides instant access to a person’s device through biometric authentication using their face, iris or fingerprint to unlock their device and their services.

We can't even get regular updated insider releases...they better start releasing them a lot sooner because it still needs polishing and consistency.

Have they done any work to the windows update part. I have build 9926 and it dose not let you chose which updates you can install. Its all or nothing. With the recent spat of bad updates causing issues. I really don't want not having a choice about which updates I install.

Have they done any work to the windows update part. I have build 9926 and it dose not let you chose which updates you can install. Its all or nothing. With the recent spat of bad updates causing issues. I really don't want not having a choice about which updates I install.

I'm sure that'll be in the RTM. In a test phase you probably want to force all of the updates.

We can't even get regular updated insider releases...they better start releasing them a lot sooner because it still needs polishing and consistency.

Yeah. They're going to seriously need to start crunching.. My guess, a lot of features they want to do are about to be moved to SP1 so they can focus on polish.

That may carry through to the final version. It's simpler to administrate a single rolling version than many little patches.

Be nice to have a workable pre view version that will actually load on my PC.
I've given up on 9926 and would like to see a more stable preview version.
Given all the promises for regular updates that haven't happened for me anyway, I can't see MS getting 10 sorted for the northern hemispheres summer!

so will DX12 launch with windows 10? or will it be a later thing? This all sounds a little faster than I expected.

Back