• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Windows 10 storage controller drivers- use deafult or not?

Diseaseboy

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 27, 2001
Messages
1,206
I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro. My motherboard is a Asus P8P67pro. Besides the default Intel SATA controller it also has a JMicron and Marvell SATA controller built in. With Windows 8.1 I had separate drivers for all three controllers. With Windows 10 I just have the Standard SATA AHCI driver installed and the Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller installed in the device manager. Everything seems to run fine. Should I just stick with what Windows 10 installed by default or should I try to install the seperate Intel, JMicron and Marvell drivers? Thanks
 
Are you using the two other controllers? My son has that same board and mine is very similar. We have those controllers turned off in the BIOS since we don't use them, only the Intel controllers. It also shortens the boot time from a cold start since it doesn't have to do any discovery on them.
 
Generally, if it's not broken, don't fix it, but if you're running RAID it may be worth using the Intel RST drivers. I can't speak for the JMicron drivers, personally.
 
Generally, if it's not broken, don't fix it, but if you're running RAID it may be worth using the Intel RST drivers. I can't speak for the JMicron drivers, personally.

Yeah, things seem fine. I can only find Windows 10 drivers for Intel and no official ones for JMicron or Marvell.
 
Aren't they all still the same 2006 ones we've been using since Windows 7/Vista?
 
Back
Top