WINDOWS 10 SHUTDOWN CAUSING MEMORY ACCESS ERROR AND END NOW

DirtyMacho

n00b
(9) No SHOUTING (Posting in all capital letters) It’s hard to read and just plain rude and annoying.
Hi Guys

I recently facing issues while trying to reboot or shutdown i get instant memory access error and after accepting ok ., I get end now for few applications and few closes automatically. No matter it is everytime i do the same sequence. Even after logging out the windows ask for video driver close as well as last resort.

I am trying to see if this memory or OS or motherboard or cpu.

I tried memory test it works fine. I re-installed OS . But it didnt help.

While i resume from hibernate it crashes to bluescreen.

But no application fails once OS is freshly booted. It works fine. Hardly any game crashes. Not all of a sudden. Occasional freeze happens and pauses for 3-5 sec and it goes smooth after that. Is this bottleneck.

My pc spec below.

Intel 2600 2nd gen
Asus z68 v LGA1155
4X4 GSKILL 1600MHZ 16GB RAM ( Added one by one, even though size differs the CLS remains 9-10-11-12 i guess.
corsair 120gb ssd Force 3
2tb x 3 hdd ( Wd (1), Seagate(2))
Corsair H100i cpu cooler
Zotac gtx 1080 Mini
Corsair RMx 750 watts recently changed say 6 months back

Let me know how can i resolve this end now and memory access issue.

Check your hard drives too, particularly the ones with a page file or hibernation file. Look in event viewer to see if there are any errors showing up.

SSD is where OS resides.

Freeze i can accept . But Memory page error is so frustating. And when most apps in background as service keeps poping end now is so annoying

I tried to hit the pc with full of apps. No crash of single apps and running fine switching fine. No lag. It hits 15.6gb max. But if i give restart . All will ask and did asked end now.

memory access errors are software code not hardware. Track down the application or it's possible you have spyware or something similar installed.

memory access errors are software code not hardware. Track down the application or it's possible you have spyware or something similar installed.

If a memory address contains a pointer to another memory address, and reading it returns an erroneous value, then your program will attempt to access memory at an erroneous address. Doing so almost always results in trying to read protected memory (especially if it returns NULL). That's a hardware error.

What's pointing me to suggest a drive problem is the 3-5 second pauses and freezes. That's almost always a process waiting on a failing drive to respond, if the same drive also has his page file and hibernation files, it won't be able to read either and cause all manner of issues (such as BSOD on hibernation resume, or memory access violations from not being able to swap pages back in to ram).

Then run without a swap file or move it to another drive, let's have the logging. Also, check the SMART status of the drive in question. Run a surface scan on it.

Last edited:
All sorted out it seems. I did this time complete reset. So far i used to carry over the programs and personal files. Which is still a mess. As this time i saw some unknown malware kind of services which points to svchost and cant disable them,

So i made a wipe.

It end with 777 userservice something like that . 3 different services named.

So i cleared the entire OS reset and installed a fresh OS. Its was so breezy performance which i missed a very long time.

I agree to a certain point the SSD is OS and swap file is a regular HDD. Just to avoid a space issue. Now it is back to SSD. And seing a big difference.

Thanks for all the Inputs. I will keep watching if things turns back to same . Hope not this time. As all the unknown softwares which i am not using are hogging the Index table and hence degrade in performance.

I agree to a certain point the SSD is OS and swap file is a regular HDD. Just to avoid a space issue. Now it is back to SSD. And seing a big difference.

The swap file being on the hard drive could very have still been the problem, and moving it the solution. Test that hard drive for any bad sectors, and take a look at the SMART data to see if there's been reallocated and pending sectors.

All sorted out it seems. I did this time complete reset. So far i used to carry over the programs and personal files. Which is still a mess. As this time i saw some unknown malware kind of services which points to svchost and cant disable them,

So i made a wipe.

It end with 777 userservice something like that . 3 different services named.

So i cleared the entire OS reset and installed a fresh OS. Its was so breezy performance which i missed a very long time.

Thanks for all the Inputs. I will keep watching if things turns back to same . Hope not this time. As all the unknown softwares which i am not using are hogging the Index table and hence degrade in performance.

Wut?...

The swap file being on the hard drive could very have still been the problem, and moving it the solution. Test that hard drive for any bad sectors, and take a look at the SMART data to see if there's been reallocated and pending sectors.

Keep reaching.

Keep reaching.

Keep reaching for what? I'm just trying to help the guy make sure he's really solved the problem and not come back in a few weeks asking how to recover data from a dead drive. If it was malware, then so be it. Not sure what your problem is here.

Keep reaching for what? I'm just trying to help the guy make sure he's really solved the problem and not come back in a few weeks asking how to recover data from a dead drive. If it was malware, then so be it. Not sure what your problem is here.

Obviously it's not the HD. Don't get your panties in a bunch over it. ;)

Back