Windows 10 Search Question

Cod

Gawd
When I do a search in the start menu on W10, I get results I want plus more under a header titled "winrt-- s-1-5-21-XXXXXXXXX" (X is random string of numbers). I think this is my user unique identifier, but unsure.

Is this correct? Also, how do I get files under that header to stop appearing in searches?

Any help is appreciated.

winrt is the name of the location it found the file in, the S number is your Security Identifier. It's actually the search resource winrt://<SID>, but instead of displaying the name string, it shows that.

This seems to be a bug from upgrading from 8 to 10. Couple things I've seen indicate that you can fix it by removing the SC/Search Connector folder from %userprofile%\Searches, rebuilding your search index, or removing that entry from the search indexer.

winrt is the name of the location it found the file in, the S number is your Security Identifier. It's actually the search resource winrt://<SID>, but instead of displaying the name string, it shows that.

This seems to be a bug from upgrading from 8 to 10. Couple things I've seen indicate that you can fix it by removing the SC/Search Connector folder from %userprofile%\Searches, rebuilding your search index, or removing that entry from the search indexer.
Much thanks Snowknight! Deleting the search connector did the trick.

Back