Windows 10 Samsung OEM NVME Driver

Hammer!

Limp Gawd
Hi, does anyone have a link for this? I retail drivers on Samsung's website do not work. Thanks!

You really shouldn't need a specfic driver with NVME in windows 10.
What is the model number of your OEM drive? or what issue do you need to address?
What is it in/on?

Last edited:
You really shouldn't need a specfic driver with NVME in windows 10.
What is the model number of your OEM drive? or what issue do you need to address?
What is it in/on?

I have a SAMSUNG MZVLW1T0HMLH-00000...no problem to solve. I'm just thinking I need a Samsung driver for best performance, especially given the MS driver is from 2006! The system is an Aorus 7 X399 with a TR 1950X.

Thanks!

The most important thing to make sure it's working is TRIM give THIS a read

Thanks. Running fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify shows 0 which indicates TRIM is enabled by the OS. However, when I use CrystalDiskInfo, the drive does not show TRIM in the features, so I'm thinking without the Samsung driver, TRIM is not working. I looked through the samsung site, but did not see any drivers for download.

I have a SAMSUNG MZVLW1T0HMLH-00000...no problem to solve. I'm just thinking I need a Samsung driver for best performance, especially given the MS driver is from 2006! The system is an Aorus 7 X399 with a TR 1950X.

Thanks!

The MS driver says its 2006 but if you check, the version number changes quite often. I think that's just a MS thing to show it's the standard current MS driver.

I just installed the regular Samsung NVME driver (version 2.2) when I got my PM961. It just adds the Samsung NVME under storage controllers.

Ran at 3400MBps read etc. after but I can't tell the difference in real life use.

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools.html

The MS driver says its 2006 but if you check, the version number changes quite often. I think that's just a MS thing to show it's the standard current MS driver.

I just installed the regular Samsung NVME driver (version 2.2) when I got my PM961. It just adds the Samsung NVME under storage controllers.

Ran at 3400MBps read etc. after but I can't tell the difference in real life use.

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools.html

Hi, I found the drivers on win-raid.com. Thanks!

S.M.A.R.T. is a feature of the drive. It shouldn't take software to expose it's a firmware feature.
At the command prompt enter " wmic diskdrive get status " no quotes
This is a very simple view but if everything comes back "OK" all drive have SMART Active.
It should also be visible through CrystalDiskInfo look under features SMART will be there if available In the dialog below that scroll down and look at error there should be none.
If you have any errors the drive may be failing. If none and you want to be notified of changes click the function tab and check Resident and Startup.
If you see no SMART available I would check your Aorus bios and make sure it is enabled. If not available through BIOS dialog I would submit a ticket for support could be a bug with the current Gigabyte bios or simply just not necessary.

Hi, I found the drivers on win-raid.com. Thanks!

Oh wow thats Fernando! He used to do a lot of driver work back on the old nForcers website (which is still going but with no nForce stuff).

Small world!

Back