Windows 10 released early!

tmillszero1

Limp Gawd
Looks like it's released! I have a Surface Pro 3. Was running the insider preview of 10.

v2qno5.jpg

Last edited:
Neat.

Tim you're so unbalanced.

Ha! Yep! I guess I am since I missed the boat! LOL! I'm a bit of an audio engineer and a deejay, so the "unbalanced" part refers to the audio signal in general! Not sure why I named my domain that though!

It looks like you're just on build 10240. It doesn't indicate it's 'released'. Your screens look the same as mine (using a 10240 ISO I found randomly online).

It looks like you're just on build 10240. It doesn't indicate it's 'released'. Your screens look the same as mine (using a 10240 ISO I found randomly online).

10240 is supposed to be the build that starts to release Wednesday according to all of the typical Windows bloggers. 10240 is what went out to OEMs for their initial images. But there have already been a number of updates for 10240 and I'm suspecting there'll be a big update on Wednesday.

I'll he waiting on the MSDN images to upgrade most of my machines but will probably do the upgrade install on a couple of tablets.

Hopefully Windows 8 prices will drop. I need one for my gaming rig.

They might even rise as MS wants to force feed people with Win10. I kinda liked it for the preview though, especially for the price. Only the driver and windows update force feed is worrying.

But there have already been a number of updates for 10240 and I'm suspecting there'll be a big update on Wednesday.

I'll he waiting on the MSDN images to upgrade most of my machines but will probably do the upgrade install on a couple of tablets.

Yes, there is a zero day update package coming Wednesday. Insiders already have it, though. We've been getting a lot of updates the past week that are going in that ZDP.

MSDN are supposed to be available Tuesday night around 8pm...

Yes, there is a zero day update package coming Wednesday. Insiders already have it, though. We've been getting a lot of updates the past week that are going in that ZDP.

I imagine there'll be more coming this week even for insiders. Another update just got pushed it seems this afternoon which is extremely rare for Sundays. In fact I don't ever recall anything being pushed on a Sunday.

MSDN are supposed to be available Tuesday night around 8pm...

Thanks for the heads up. I just started backing up stuff today and getting ready.

Hopefully they'll bundle some of those recent updates together for the new installs on Wednesday. There have been a half-dozen of them over the last 4-5 days. Not to mention Nvidia's weird driver pushes, too.

10240 was released almost 2 weeks ago as stated.
So... nothing new.

Hopefully they'll bundle some of those recent updates together for the new installs on Wednesday. There have been a half-dozen of them over the last 4-5 days. Not to mention Nvidia's weird driver pushes, too.

They are. There is a zero day package coming Wednesday when new installs are pushed. It will be a rollup.

mine is either downloading some weird large windows 7 last minute update before win 10.....
or it's downloading Windows 10. 1.4-5GB downloaded at 44%
and I don't see anything on windows update itself.
fascinating
IknnqANkw--KCElKsz_iM1dmgkawXXgVG6tw0yYtneo

edit:
image weidness fixed

edit edit:
and sadly I am on a train with mobile broadband... can't go fast enough xD

My 8.1 machine appears to have already downloaded at least 2.7GBs and unpacked a chunk of stuff. The installer appears to be in C:\$Windows.~BT

edit: Size increased and now it's sitting idle. I tried to run the setup but it has yet to download the WIM file.

Last edited:
My 8.1 machine appears to have already downloaded at least 2.7GBs and unpacked a chunk of stuff. The installer appears to be in C:\$Windows.~BT

edit: Size increased and now it's sitting idle. I tried to run the setup but it has yet to download the WIM file.

This is a preload.

I heard that you're fucked if you try to run the setup before the process is done.

Didn't even notice that until now. Tried clicking setup.exe and then install now. No go. Is 10 going up tonight for normal users?

Didn't even notice that until now. Tried clicking setup.exe and then install now. No go. Is 10 going up tonight for normal users?

10 is rolling out at 12:01 AM on July 29 in whatever time zone you're in.

10 was just downloaded to my 7 machine but I'll let it sit for a few months just to make sure there are not early growing pains.
I already have 10 pro on another machine and so far it's not crashed.

Back