Windows 10 rejecting file edits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krenum

Fully [H]
I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem with Windows 10. I'm trying to edit .cfg files in notepad & notepad++ but every time I click "save" Windows tells me that I don't have permission or that the program is already open and cannot be saved.

I wasn't getting this issue until a recent update. How can I fix this?

are the files on c:\? at them from another system, ie downloaded or transferred? have you looked at the security tab. need more info...

are the files on c:\? at them from another system, ie downloaded or transferred? have you looked at the security tab. need more info...

These files are downloaded to C:\. I have looked at the security and permissions tab. Everything is set at the default settings to allow full control. I'm about ready to pull my hair out :confused:

Some have mentioned to open the file as the admin but it doesn't give me that option when I right click the file.

If you can move them off c: and try again. they aren't marked as read-only or from another computer? like this:

unblock.png

Thanks Pendragon1, that worked! Really appreciate your input, I was at my wits end (y)

Another point that proves a windows machine is no longer your machine. You want to edit a file? Boot linux or copy the file to another computer.

Another point that proves that people with an axe to grind never post anything useful to the thread.

On the contracry. I think it's quite useful to know that by booting to linux live environment you can edit every file you feel like editing. Your post only proves you like to whine for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back