Windows 10 Redstone Update 14257

Last week, Microsoft rolled out a new Windows 10 Insider Preview for PCs, making a big jump in the build number, from 11102 to 14251.

Anyone try this yet?

The build number is deceiving, they merged versioning between Windows Mobile 10 and Windows 10 so they had to jump the number forward a bunch.

Does this mean there is another Windows 10 reinstall-over-itself coming soon? I really hated how "version 1511" jacked up my filesystem—made a D:\Windows.old, and much more problematic, abandoned my D:\ProgramData to create and use C:\ProgramData. When will Microsoft understand that many people like to have OS on C: and user data on D:, and respect that?

Er... pardon my going-off-topic rant.

Last edited:
The build number is deceiving, they merged versioning between Windows Mobile 10 and Windows 10 so they had to jump the number forward a bunch.

That has nothing to do with it. In fact the preview build for Mobile is still 10586.

That has nothing to do with it. In fact the preview build for Mobile is still 10586.

well his point is still valid as its not really a huge difference in advancement as the much higher build number suggests

Back