Windows 10 Pro 2004 x64 UEFI Partition Layout

ir0nw0lf

Supreme [H]ardness
Last two system builds from scratch on Ryzen systems with one storage device (NVMe drive) I installed Windows 10 Pro 2004 x64 from a USB drive created with the MCT. I'm only seeing on the partition screen during the install:

1: System
2: MSR (Reserved)
3: Primary
(4: Recovery) <-- Not showing up

I did not see the 4th Recovery partition on the screen. I know previous installs/versions of Windows 10 a Recovery partition was normally created at the front of the drive. 2004 supposedly fixed this and is supposed to properly put the Recovery partition at the end of the drive. But in this case I did not see it at all. I have not yet ran DISKPART to see if the partition is actually there. Should that partition (still) show up in that partition screen during the initial install? Machine installed the OS fine, I'm just worried that the USB drive somehow did not create properly or something else is not set right.
-----
Edit/update:

Ran DISKPART, it does indeed show a 4th partition tagged as Recovery. I guess Microsoft changed the Windows 10 setup to not show the Recovery partition on the partition screen?

Last edited:
-----
Edit/update:

Ran DISKPART, it does indeed show a 4th partition tagged as Recovery. I guess Microsoft changed the Windows 10 setup to not show the Recovery partition on the partition screen?
Yeah, i think they are moving to try and hide that. With the way things are set up these days you really don't need someone messing with that partition. So far almost everytime I have hard to use the recovery partition it ended up being useless. Ended up re-installing from scratch or recovering with a bare metal restore form my backup devices/software.

Back