Windows 10, mic audio all static?

dr.stevil

[H]F Junkie
So I'm not sure what exactly happened.

I've been using a bluetooth mic/headset on this PC for the better part of a month with absolutely no issues. About a week ago, a friend had gotten a new mic so I started making some adjustments to my levels/sound settings to compensate, and out of nowhere my mic started to only transmit static. When I talk into it, it's not audible what I'm saying. I can hear audio perfectly through the head phones though... it's only the mic that's giving me problems.

I reverted any changes that I made and it didn't fix the problem. So I tried using another bluetooth headset that I had laying around and got the exact same issue. I did some googling and apparently realteks drivers were giving some people similar problems, but that was with a 3.5mm connection. Since my devices are bluetooth, I don't think it's using realteks hardware to produce any audio.

Regardless, I tried the usual update/uninstall/re-installation of the drivers... along with un-pairing and repairing the Bluetooth devices and nothing has fixed it. I also confirmed that the mics work perfectly fine on another PC.

Any ideas what I should start looking? I'm guessing this is a Windows 10 bug?

Back