Windows 10 March update (KB4013429) causing issues

polonyc2

Fully [H]
a simple Google search will show you the details but through first hand experience I'm also having issues with it...when I updated 2 of my hard drives that already were up to date with all Windows 10 updates it installed fine but whenever I do a fresh install of Windows 10 it fails...anyone else having issues with KB4013429?

a simple Google search will show you the details but through first hand experience I'm also having issues with it...when I updated 2 of my hard drives that already were up to date with all Windows 10 updates it installed fine but whenever I do a fresh install of Windows 10 it fails...anyone else having issues with KB4013429?

This update has been failing on my machine. At least 7-8 attempts all failed and Windows keeps downloading and installing the update. It's really annoying.

Have you tried KB4015438 which is the re-issued cumulative update?

I lost all of my saved games in Dirt 3. I just noticed it after the March update. I had just played it a week before and everything was there. I had completed the game, but kept returning to rerun some of the old races. I can't find anything else to blame it on.

I've installed Windows 10 on a number of machines in the last week and haven't experienced any issues, having said that I haven't really been looking at what updates are being applied.

How old is your install media? Have you tried updating your install media using the MS media creation tool?

I've installed Windows 10 on a number of machines in the last week and haven't experienced any issues, having said that I haven't really been looking at what updates are being applied.

How old is your install media? Have you tried updating your install media using the MS media creation tool?

the iso for Windows 10 hasn't changed since it was first made available...I think they might update the iso once the Creators Update comes out in April

the iso for Windows 10 hasn't changed since it was first made available...I think they might update the iso once the Creators Update comes out in April

My word it has, the ISO is cumulative. For example, if you had an original ISO and you download the current one, it contains the Anniversary Update as well as all the security patches to date.

My word it has, the ISO is cumulative. For example, if you had an original ISO and you download the current one, it contains the Anniversary Update as well as all the security patches to date.

yes my bad it does give you the latest 'major' update like the Anniversary Update but they don't update the iso monthly with every monthly update cycle...the Anniversary Update is 7 months old

yes my bad it does give you the latest 'major' update like the Anniversary Update but they don't update the iso monthly with every monthly update cycle...the Anniversary Update is 7 months old

I can't find a reference as to whether the ISO's are the latest build's or not, I know when I install them they are, but I have updating enabled on install so it could be the Anniversary Update but simply downloading the latest build on install.

I know for a fact that if you're installing using a pre anniversary update ISO you will run into issues, I had all sorts of problems getting Windows to activate using my pre anniversary update ISO that were resolved once I updated my media creation tool under advice from Microsoft.

I know for a fact that if you're installing using a pre anniversary update ISO you will run into issues, I had all sorts of problems getting Windows to activate using my pre anniversary update ISO that were resolved once I updated my media creation tool under advice from Microsoft.

the iso I'm using is the Anniversary Update one...but like ir0nw0lf mentioned earlier in this thread Microsoft pulled the problematic patch (KB4013429) and re-issued a new cumulative update (KB4015438)...I haven't tried that new one so hopefully that fixes the issues I was having

I really feel for you, this is the problem with Microsoft's latest update model, highlighting that a lack of control over what updates are installed is bound to result in issues.

I would love it if MS would keep updating their ISO download with the latest cumulative update already integrated but the monthly update cadence wouldn't make it practical I am guessing. I keep the monthly cumulative update on my driver thumbdrive so I can quickly get a fresh 1607 install updated without having to waste the time/bandwidth to download it. Same for all the major hardware drivers out there. Shaves a nice bit of time off of a fresh install.

Hopefully that updated March cumulative update works for you!

Have you tried KB4015438 which is the re-issued cumulative update?

seems like the updated patch fixed things for me...you would think that if MS wants to force updates on systems now that they would make extra sure that nothing gets screwed up...Windows 7 had its share of borked patches but nothing like Windows 10...seems like every other month Windows 10 has major patch issues...if you can't ensure that your patches are not going to install properly then don't force people to install them...give Home users the option to defer them as well as Pro/Enterprise...it's like Home users are beta testers

Back