Windows 10 losing time recently?

HisSvt76

2[H]4U
over the last week my Windows 10 tablet a Asus t100tf can't seem to keep time. I've tried all the normal stuff changing time servers re registering the windows serving for time nothing seems to help. Does anyone have any idea why this would happen? I've checked machine is clean It's a tablet so it always has power I'm pretty stumped as to why recently this is happening.

This has been happening to my Lenovo ideapad 100s lately too; I ended up making a cmd file and a task scheduler that runs every 5 minutes and runs the time sync command.

Was highly annoying though...no rhyme or reason to it. Brand new laptop, barely 2 months old. Has to be some glitch with the OS and sleep mode (I assume) because I always sleep it - never shut it down.

its something in windows i booted the tablet into its EFi BIOS and it kept perfect time i adjusted the time in the bios and restarted since then its been behaving gonna keep watching it

Is it losing minutes or jumping hours? There is a feature to detect time zone in Windows 10 now so you may try disabling that. Perhaps the location sensing is off, especially if you are near a time zone border and it is jumping from one time zone to another.

Is it losing minutes or jumping hours? There is a feature to detect time zone in Windows 10 now so you may try disabling that. Perhaps the location sensing is off, especially if you are near a time zone border and it is jumping from one time zone to another.
It was losing minutes. last night i did a registry tweak for it to sync time ever 60 minutes and scanned everything adjusted the time in EFI BIOS and it has been dead on now. not sure which thing fixed what but it's behaving today.

Mine was losing a minute roughly every 5.
I checked the BIOS and the time was correct, so I didn't do anything there.
Again, I just created a scheduled task that runs w32tm /resync every 5 minutes; haven't had any problems since.
I still think it's related to sleep/hibernation, but that's just based off what I've heard about other people having those issues (but not specifying any time issues as well).

I have not had any time issues with my workstations, only my laptop, which leads me to believe even further that it's somehow related to sleep/hibernation.

Back