Windows 10 Font Issue...

• Thread starter Deleted member 88301
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88301

I changed my Win 10 font recently, and I just want to get it back to the default. I've tried several things, including reg hacks, to no avail.

Yes, on a drunken bender, I thought it would be cool to set my font to Comic Sans.

I now regret that.

Please help.

Go to Control Panel and search for "Change Font Settings" and click on Restore default font settings.

Also, you may have to log out and back in for settings to take effect. Have you been doing that?

bigdogchris, just tried that, rebooted, same stupid Comic Sans.

Hmmm, can you recall any of the steps you used to change the font? I just tested using Winaero Tweaker to do it on a couple of systems, one running even running the latest Insider build and it worked fine.

I did some stupid reg thing. I can't remember, as I liked it for quite a while.

Thanks!! heatlesssun for the tip on Win Aero Tweaker. The latest preview builds have been driving me crazy ever since MS deleted the option to change font sizes for the desktop, menus, etc. But I did notice one weird problem--if I tried to change the System font using Tweaker, the default SegoeUI font files were literally deleted from my system. I had to restore the font files from another computer. But once I learned to avoid that option, all is well and I can have the bigger font sizes I want without having to increase the overall screen scale to 150%. Thanks again!!

Back