Windows 10 "Do you want to reopen Youtube?"

mnewxcv

[H]F Junkie
A client of mine has come to me saying he has a transparent window appearing each time he boots the computer asking if he wants to reopen youtube. He is running windows 10 on a machine I provided about 2-3 months ago. I assumed this was some sort of malware but I haven't found anything and he runs 2-3 programs including defender for virus protection.

Here is a photo:

IMG_20180927_204854518.jpg

Another interesting thing is the transparent window is not visible in teamviewer when I remote in, but he can still see it. Any thoughts?

well after thinking about this a little more, I have a new theory that it may be a pop up on his TV, since he is using 2 43" 4k hisense smart tv's as monitors. Hope it is that simple.

looks like the youtube app notifications. turn them off in app settings. if he doesn't have it, then yeah it prob the tv.

That doesn't look like a Windows 10 dialog to me. I think you might be right that this is coming from the TV.

That doesn't look like a Windows 10 dialog to me. I think you might be right that this is coming from the TV.
yeah looking closer I can see the windows stuff under it. its the tv. if he doesn't use it see if you can turn casting off on the tv.

Back