Windows 10 Creators Update

with the September monthly patches they added a 'navigation bar with search box' to Internet Explorer 11...any way to get rid of it?...it's redundant having 2 navigation/search boxes on the same Menu bar when they both function exactly the same
can you post a pic so we see what you mean?

can you post a pic so we see what you mean?

I always have the 'show tabs on a separate row' option enabled...previously the address/search bar would then extend across the entire top/width of the window...but now there's an additional search box on the top right...totally redundant because you can search from within the address bar...I looked around and there doesn't seem to be any way to disable it

I always have the 'show tabs on a separate row' option enabled...previously the address/search bar would then extend across the entire top/width of the window...but now there's an additional search box on the top right...totally redundant because you can search from within the address bar...I looked around and there doesn't seem to be any way to disable it

right click on the top of the ie window and untick "show tabs on separate row"

right click on the top of the ie window and untick "show tabs on separate row"

yeah but that defeats the whole point of me preferring to show tabs on a separate row...previously this worked fine until today's update...plus that makes the address bar window even smaller

yeah i though of that after and was looking for another solution. a reg edit might work but i havent looked too much ...

with the September monthly patches they added a 'navigation bar with search box' to Internet Explorer 11...any way to get rid of it?...it's redundant having 2 navigation/search boxes on the same Menu bar when they both function exactly the same

Simple. Stop using that abomination of a browser already!

Windows 10 update sends some PCs into a BSOD boot loop

You may want to hold off on updating Windows until this is sorted out

A troublesome Windows update that was rolled out to PCs running the Windows 10 Creators Update yesterday is causing some systems to spit out a blue screen of death (BSOD) error...worse yet is that these rigs end up caught in an endless reboot, making them unusable for the time being...

http://www.pcgamer.com/windows-10-update-sends-some-pcs-into-a-bsod-boot-loop/

I know they improved performance and compatibility of IE11 with Windows 10, but I had no idea they were going to add features to it. Crazy.

A troublesome Windows update that was rolled out to PCs running the Windows 10 Creators Update yesterday is causing some systems to spit out a blue screen of death (BSOD) error...worse yet is that these rigs end up caught in an endless reboot, making them unusable for the time being...

When you're exposed to a vast number of machines it quickly becomes apparent that this is an issue with every major Windows 10 update, it's nothing specifically limited to just this one.

I actually think it's got something to do with third party A/V solutions, but I'm only speculating.

https://www.neowin.net/news/windows...-kb4041676-update-is-causing-machines-to-bsod

The 2nd update:

Update #2: This appears to actually only affect WSUS users, despite multiple reports of others having isues updating outside of the Enterprise environment. Although Microsoft itself hasn't commented yet, some MVPs, forum volunteers and gurus have chimed in and even posted workarounds and fixes for those bricked (BSOD) machines that applied a Delta patch as well as the Cumulative Update (the former of which has been expired and won't download anymore) and therein was the problem. The Delta patch shouldn't have gone out with the KB update, and this has now been rectified.

I hopped on the preview train yesterday out of boredom. Not a ton of surface issues to report. A few modern apps seem to have gotten major updates (especially the mixed-reality ones and Edge), the notifications tab works differently, and the "All Programs" menu has some visual nuances.
"Game Mode" doesn't seem to be a thing anymore. There's no option to turn it on or off - it just says that your PC is capable of using Game Mode and that's that.
Desktop HDR is still busted, but it still works when games or movies auto-detect it.

"Game Mode" doesn't seem to be a thing anymore. There's no option to turn it on or off - it just says that your PC is capable of using Game Mode and that's that.
yeah you have to turn if on/off per game now. kind of a pita...

Interesting. I disabled the Game Bar because it was conflicting with Steam Big picture...which I don't really need all that much either. Guess I'll re-enable it for the hell of it.

Ja, I guess Microsoft was frustrated no one was using the Game Bar, so tied the one feature people had interest in to it.

Back