Windows 10, Can't remove tiles background

kenprescott21

Limp Gawd
As the title suggests I removed all the tiles after an update. But the background is still there. (A slightly dimmer version of my desktop without the desktop icons) I cant figure out how to go back to the normal desktop I had before. Anyways here's a screen shot.

And clicking on the "start" button does nothing. Those three new icons to the right of it I hate.

I feel like I'm being a newb but I cant find anything online.

Attachments

• Desktop.jpg
    Desktop.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 18
The icons you get rid of by right clicking the task bar if I remember. I would be able to help if I was home.

Not sure what a normal desktop is for you, but can't you simply right click the desktop, select "Personalize" and change it?

Right clicking the desktop area itself gives me no prompts. The three new Icons on the bottom I can right click all the same choices, as seen below.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 15
Yeah, you're in Tablet Mode for some reason. If you have a Surface or a 2-in-1 this can happen automatically when you remove the tablet from the base/dock.

If this is 2 in 1 device, there are settings that can automatically switch back and forth between tablet and desktop mode under Settings->System->Tablet mode.

Back